Coaching a youth sports team can be a tremendously rewarding experience, giving you the opportunity to help young players learn the game of football in a fun and safe atmosphere. Additionally, the bond created by a parent coaching their child is one that will be cherished and remembered for years to come.
Miami Lakes Optimist Flag Football - Coach Description
· Coach your child's team of boys and girls, division 6U-17U
· Coach Saturday games and practices 1or2 day(s) per week
· Teach players the fundamentals of the game
· Emphasis on sportsmanship, fair play, and full participation
· Provide a safe and fun environment for the players
· Learn and follow all league rules, policies, and procedures
· Give each player equal playing time
· Puts the feelings of the players ahead of the coach’s desire to win
· Communicate with parents as needed
· Successfully pass a background check.
· Be enthusiastic, organized, and dependable.
· Makes ensuring a positive experience for players a priority over winning.
· Be patient, especially with the players.
· Have a working knowledge of the sport.
No prior coaching experience necessary! As a Miami Lakes Optimist Flag Football Coach, you will be given all the resources and support you need to help you succeed.